Rules for the Rolls Royce Raffle
1. TO ENTER. From 8 a.m. March 5, 2015 through 9:00 PM on August 21, 2015 or until 1000 tickets have been sold if sooner, (“Entry Period”), entrants may enter the Brazos Lions Club Foundation’s Rolls Royce Raffle (“Raffle”) by purchasing a raffle ticket for $100 and completing a registration form which will include name, complete address, city, state, zip code, e-mail address (if available), and telephone number. Purchases are made by payment of cash or a check payable to the Brazos Lions Club Foundation. TICKETS (PRIZE) ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE AND CANNOT BE SOLD.
NOTE: DEADLINE TO PURCHASE TICKETS IS THE EARLIER OF 9:00 PM, August 21ST OR UNTIL 1000 TICKETS ARE SOLD. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received, not to exceed 1,000 tickets sold.
2. PRIZE. The prize is a 1958 Rolls Royce Silver Cloud 1, having an appraised value of $35,000. Winner must satisfy the conditions for clear title transfer and take possession of the car within 10 business days of the drawing.
3. OFFICIAL DRAWING. The official drawing will take place on August 21, 2015 at the College Station Hilton beginning at 9:00 PM
4. SPONSOR. The Raffle is sponsored by the Brazos Lions Club Foundation, a Texas non-profit corporation (the “Sponsor”). All decisions of the Sponsor are final.
5. CONDITIONS. An eligible entrant may only enter via the ticket purchasing methods as described above. Incomplete entries are void. By entering, entrants acknowledge compliance with these official rules including all eligibility requirements. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
Neither Sponsor nor any benefited organizations are responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, or any other error or malfunction, or late, lost, illegible or misdirected entries. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. No copies, facsimiles or reproductions of entries will be accepted.
6. DETERMINATION OF WINNER. A random drawing will be conducted on August 21, 2015, at 9:00 PM at the College Station Hilton from among all eligible entries received. The winner will be notified by telephone, mail, and/or email. The winner will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility and release, which must be completed and returned within four (4) days of issuance of notification or an alternate winner will be selected. Any attempt to deliberately damage the content or operation of this Raffle is unlawful and subject to legal action by the Sponsor or its agents.
7. ELIGIBILITY. The Raffle is open to persons who are 18 years of age or older as of August 20, 2015. Tickets may be purchased only by persons physically present in the State of Texas, United States, at the time of purchase. The Raffle is void where prohibited.
8. WINNER’S NAME. For the name of the prize winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Brazos Lions Club Foundation, 3708 East 29th Street, # 202, Bryan, TX 77802-3901.
9. RULES REQUESTS. To receive a copy of the official rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the same address listed in Item 8, ATTN: Raffle Rules.
10. TAXES. All title transfer fees and applicable federal, state, and local taxes associated with winning the prize in the Raffle will be the sole responsibility of the winner. The winner must provide the Sponsor his tax identification number and a certified check in the amount of 25% of the appraised value to be transmitted to the Internal Revenue Service as withholding. See IRS Notice 1340 (March 2005). The sponsor will provide the winner with a form W-2G for income tax purposes. The appraised value for tax withholding purposes is determined by an appraisal prepared by Lithia Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge Ram (1/26/2014).
11. LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY AND DISCLAIMERS. Sponsor, the benefited organizations, their Directors, or employees will not be responsible for or liable to any raffle entrants, entrants’ family or estate for any submissions of entries that are lost, late, illegible, damaged, incomplete, or incorrect.
Sponsor can, at any time it chooses, without recourse, decide to terminate or modify the Raffle if the integrity of the Raffle appears to be compromised. If the raffle is cancelled, all monies paid for raffle tickets will be returned to entrants.Sponsor makes no warranty of any nature with respect to the raffle or the prize, whether in respect of fitness for a particular purpose, satisfactory quality or otherwise, or value. Entrants acknowledge that, except as specifically set forth herein, sponsor has not made and disclaims all liability for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, related to the raffle or the prize.
All entrants, by entering, agree to be bound by these official rules. By accepting the prize, winner agrees to release sponsor, as well as benefited organizations, and their directors, employees, officers or agents, from any and all liability, loss or personal or property damages arising directly or indirectly out of, or in connection with, the awarding, receipt, accepting, using or misusing of the prize or participation in any prize-related activities.
12. GOVERNING LAW. This Raffle is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. All disputes surrounding the Raffle and the prize awarded hereunder will be subject to the substantive laws of Texas. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
13. GENERAL. Decisions of the Sponsor related to the winner, interpretation of official rules, and other matters related to this Raffle are final.
Winner consents to the use of his or her name, limited biographical information, photographs and/or likeness for publicity purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility qualifications of the winner.
Purchased tickets are not tax deductible, nor considered a donation to the Sponsor.
Updated: 19 August 2015