Tips for Working the Tree Lot
Lion Carl has provided the following useful information on working the tree lot.
- Wear comfortable shoes.
- Wear clothes that you do not mind getting dirty or covered with tree sap.
- Bring a pair of work gloves. A pocket knife would be handy at time.
- Be early for your shift and learn the lot. The lay out is than years past and you will need to know where to find the different tree sizes.
- Get help when moving the bigger trees, they are heavy.
- Get help with the chain saw.
- Remember we take cash, checks, and credit cards (via Square).
- Remember to get the colored tags off the trees and put the tags in the box inside the shed.
- Bring some water. There are restrooms in the police station that we can use.
- Never be alone on the lot, if you feel uncomfortable for any reason go over to the police station lobby.
- If you can make your shift, please try and find someone to cover your time. If you can find anyone please call Lion Carl at 979.587.4113.
There is more to learn, but if you have a question please feel free to call me at 979-587-4113.